OUR SERVICES ARE COVERED BY YOUR HSA / FSA
The cost of a weight loss program, when prescribed to treat a diagnosed medical condition such as obesity, hypertension or Type II diabetes, is a reimbursable Health Savings Account or Flex Spending Account expense according to the IRS. Most plan administrators consider Physicians Weight Loss Centers programs to be a qualified expense under these guidelines.
If you have a debit card associated with your plan, you can use it at the center to pay for all your services and products, including shakes or bars as required on your weight loss program, and Vitamin B12 injections or Lipotropic MIC B12 injections.
If your plan does not have a debit card associated with it, you can still submit the cost of your Physicians Weight Loss Centers products and services to your plan administrator for reimbursement. Follow the guidelines below to receive reimbursement.
HSA/FSA Reimbursement from your Employer
- Request a Letter of Medical Necessity from us using the form you receive the day you start. The Center Physician will sign the letter during your Initial Medical Evaluation.
- Request receipts demonstrating your payments at our front desk.
- Submit the signed Letter of Medical Necessity and the receipts to your employer for direct reimbursement.
At Physicians Weight Loss Centers, we work one-on-one with patients to provide the highest possible quality of care. To maintain our philosophy of unlimited support, our practice is designed as a fee-for-service model. We do not actively contract with insurance companies, so payment is due at the time of service or monthly, using one of our Easy Payment plans.
However, the majority of our fees are eligible for reimbursement through your Health Savings Account or out-of-network insurance benefits. Many of our patients have received full or partial reimbursement for our program costs. To receive direct insurance reimbursement from your insurance provider, follow the guidelines below.
Direct Insurance Reimbursement from your Healthcare provider
- Request a Letter of Medical Necessity at the center using the form you will receive the day you join. The Center Physician will sign the letter during your Initial Medical Visit.
- Obtain receipts demonstrating your payments from our front desk.
- Submit the signed Letter of Medical Necessity and receipts to your health insurance provider for direct reimbursement of out-of-network benefits.
TAX DEDUCTIBLE WEIGHT LOSS
At Physicians Weight Loss Centers, any fees that are not reimbursed by your employer (through HSA/FSA plans) or your health insurance provider can be claimed as a medical tax deduction.
According to the IRS, amounts paid by individuals for a weight loss program as treatment for a specific disease or diseases diagnosed by a physician (including obesity) are expenses for medical care that are deductible under the tax code. Please consult your tax advisor before submitting a tax return.